Sugar Training Regimen
The goal of this plan is to help you reestablish the sugar control mechanism. You will need to follow it very closely for 2 weeks, and then add items back at the clinician’s recommendation.
After 1 week you will need to be re-checked. If you pass the check, you may add back one of the eliminated food groups (i.e. beans) in SMALL quantities. Dr. Fidler may have personal recommendations.
- Drink 1 liter/32 ounces of water for each 50lbs weight.
- Drink 3- 12 ounce glasses of distilled water first thing in the morning.
- Eat 1 serving of protein at each meal. This includes: meat, fish, eggs, cheese, nuts, milk, or natural yogurt.
- Eat 8 servings of fresh or frozen vegetables every day.
- Eat 3 servings of fresh, frozen or canned-in-juice fruit daily.
- Eat every 2 hours if necessary to avoid blood sugar lows. Raw nut and seeds or raw coconut are good snacks.
- Do 3 minutes exercise every morning as hard as you are able.
- Sweetners, including honey, aspartame or Splenda.
- Dried beans
- White rice
- Soy or soy products
Okay in Small Quantities
- Brown Rice
- Oatmeal. If gluten-free, ensure it is sourced from a Celiac-certified farm
- Stevia for sweetening